Water fun in the summer time

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I asked David if we had enough wood left over from our floor remodelling project to build an ark. Goodness gracious!!! I can not believe that it is raining here in Texas so much in the month of June. At least I don't have to water our lawn.

We were lucky enough to have a break in the rain, but not from the heat and humidity, this past weekend to enjoy some water fun. Reagan's Aunt Colleen (AC) and Uncle John (UJ) have just recently moved to Austin from Virginia. We are so happy to have them close by...and they have a pool!!!! (But really, even if they didn't have a pool we'd be just as happy since they are close to us.) AC and UJ went out of town this weekend, and we were lucky enough to have to go and check on their kitty, Belle. We thought it would be very nice and considerate if we also checked on their pool. You never know what might happen to the water in just a couple of days. Reagan was pleased to see if the water was still swim-able. And it was! I'm sure AC and UJ were glad to know that the pool was ok. Towards the end of our check-up, Reagan and Daddy thought that they needed to check on the rockfall and slide. (Since this was towards the end of our pool time, I had already taken off Reagan's swim trunks. Excuse the swim diaper in the pictures.)








Oh, and Belle was ok.



On Sunday Reagan wanted to do one of his favorite backyard activities. He LOVES to play with the water hose. We first had the sprinklers on for him to run through, but he'd much rather try to drink water from the hose and experiment with all of the nozel settings. This is alot of fun to watch. (I have a video to post, but I need my computer smart husband to help me make it smaller so that it doesn't take forever to load.) He can play like this for about 45 minutes before he realizes that he's actually shivering. I'm glad he enjoys free fun.










You can click on each picture to see a larger version. I just love the second picture of Reagan with the water hose.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a nice pool! I'm glad to hear Belle the kitty was ok too.