Run, Daddy! Run!!! (done in my best Forrest Gump voice)

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Faster than a speeding bullet!! (He's the one in the blue.)


Last Sunday David competed in a couple's triathalon. And, before you ask...No, I was not the other 1/2 of the couple. David has been doing quite a few races (10k's, triathalons, etc.) this year. I have been to one race--and that was when I was pregnant with Reagan. Since then it never seemed possible for me to get Reagan up early, go to the race, and find David in the 1000's of people at the finish line. However, this was one that made sense!

David left before the sun was up. (Thank you for not waking me, Honey.) Reagan and I got up at 8am. He was such a trooper!!! (By the way, he sleeps in until 9ish most days.) He didn't complain one bit about getting up and getting ready so quickly! We were out of the house and on our way to the race at 8:30.

We missed the swim portion of the race, but we were lucky enough to have parked towards the bike finish. We were walking up the hill and David spotted us as he was finishing the bike portion!! How lucky!! We then waited so we could see the start of the run.

David did really well for the race being where it was (very hilly bike ride and a trail run) and for how humid it was that morning.

Reagan also did terrific! We were there for more than 2 hours, and he was a perfect kid. There was a lot of waiting around at the finish line while we were watching for David, but he didn't complain one bit. He was also completely drenched given how thick the air was without any breeze.

By the way, watching David and his "couple", Shawnda, cross the finish line inspired me to sign up for my first 5k run in October! My sister, Colleen, says that she will run it with me. I hope Reagan meets me at the finish line like he did his Daddy.



Way to go, Daddy!!!!

1 comments:

Megan said...

Which 5K are you running? Tim is all about running these days and is trying his best to get me to join him. Maybe someday... Right now lifting carseats and kids in and out of the car is enough excercise for me. You go girl!