It's The Little Things

Sunday, March 08, 2009

I realize that I'm writing this for myself. Since I haven't been blogging as regularly as I used to, I understand that my friends (readers) don't check my blog as often. And as I realize this, I also know and have always known that this blog is for me. So...

Tonight David took Reagan to HEB. It started to be a trip for just the immediate things we need--diet Coke and microwave pancakes. But it turned into a normal HEB trip when David asked me to make a list for food for the week.

Ok, that was part 1. David did the shopping. WITH Reagan. I stayed home. And yes, I did do laundry. But I was home alone. And all moms know the importance of that.

Part 2. They came home with roses. Roses! Roses for me! How wonderful for them to think about me in the middle of the HEB trip. Wow! That is all I can say. These 6 roses aren't just something pretty to look at. They truly mean something. They show me that even in a short shopping trip to the grocery store--an everyday event--I was thought of.

Thank you, David.

And here's the cute thing. About 30 minutes after they got home (and Reagan had
not even mentioned the roses), Reagan said, "Mommy, I got you two flowers." How sweet.





Can you see the Spiderman web stuck to the oven in the background? Yeah, that is my life right now. It revolves around Spiderman and Star Wars. Lightsabers and webs. Good guys and bad guys. Jealous?

1 comments:

Mommy said...

My house is full of Star Wars AND Spiderman, TOO!! Strange....We had a Spiderman themed party - and the cake had a toy on it with suction cups - its been on the front door, the back door, the car window, in bed....
And the light saber has been slept with A LOT!