Ramblings for me

Monday, August 13, 2007

Although the purpose of this blog is to share Reagan's daily life with our friends and family, I am also using it as my own personal journal. Please feel free to skip this post if you do not want to see the mushy side of me...

I had no idea that I would love being a mom so much. Yet, I still feel too young to be a mom. I think alot of that comes with the fact that I am married to my high school sweetheart. I was talking to David the other day how I don't feel like a mom or like a 32 year old when we're together. I am hoping that most people in love feel the same way, though. Yes, we do have "grown up" responsibilities, but those just go away when we're together. Even the parenting part of our lives feels so "young" to me. It is just so hard for me to put into words...Reagan is relatively new to our lives, but it feels like he has always been here. Meaning that my life with David hasn't changed since Reagan has come into our lives.

That being said...our lives have totally changed! I think we have been on 8 dates since the little guy was born. But we totally love being with him as a family. Although, I think we are both realizing the importance of having a couple time.

My point? How can something so significant change our lives so little, yet at the same time how can our lives be so different without us realizing it? It is amazing to me. I think back to 4 years ago, and I can only remember vague parts~~like I'm sure we went out on the town with our friends, but I can't point out a specific event. But the past 3 years seems like forever to me...in a good way! And I can vividly remember the most insignificant details. How can that be?

(ok, mushy part) I love my boys. I love David as the person that I have known since I was 11. I love him as the provider that he has become. And I totally love him as the wonderful father that he is. (By the way, we still act like we're 11 alot of the time .) I love Reagan for so many reasons. How can this little person melt my heart on a daily basis? This entire weekend he would just hug his daddy while David was carrying him!!! This isn't the norm, so it was very special to see (and I'm sure receive). He told his daddy while David was building his bed for him, "Daddy, you are such a good helper." Wow! He gives me kisses when I request them. And the best part~~he could NOT wait for his great big boy bed just because he wanted Mommy and Daddy to be able to lay down with him. I love it!

If you've gotten this far, thanks for reading the mushy stuff. Like I said, this blog is also for me. I am very fortunate to have the family that I have (and I'm not just talking about the 2 mentioned here).

2 comments:

emily said...

Thank you for sharing. I have tears in my eyes and I think you have a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

I'm all the about the mushy stuff...bring it on:) Loved this post! Thanks for sharing! Reagan is a ham!