Almost 3

Friday, October 05, 2007

This age is fantastic! There is so much I want to share, but I just don't think I can include it all in this post. Reagan has been in such a fun mood the past two weeks, and I am in love with the time that we are spending together. The conversations that we are having are so much fun!! (Daddy is experiencing these talks, too.) He is absorbing everything he sees and hears like a sponge! I do love the baby age, but "almost 3" is really fun~~he astonishes me with what he knows on a daily basis.

For example, we were resting in his bed together before nap today. We were talking about random things when he looks at me and says, "Today is Thursday. And it will be Sunday." I said, "Yes, and on Sunday we go to church. And on Saturday it is your birthday and your party." He said, "On Tuesday and Thursday I go to school. Tomorrow is Friday." This is amazing to me and David because we have not been teaching him the days of the week. He is obviously learning this in school. And he has only been going to school for 5 days this year!!!! How quickly he picks things up!

He is so chit-chatty at this age. I love picking him up from school partly because he talks the entire way home about what he did at school. And the best part is that I totally understand what he did! You know, just last year he was saying 20 words. Now he can fully explain what he did and with who he played with and what songs they sang.

So 'Almost 3' is almost over. I look forward to seeing what '3' brings. I just hope it doesn't go by as quickly as '2' did...

0 comments: