Happy Birthday, Baby!!

Saturday, October 06, 2007







To my sweet boy,


Happy Birthday, Little Guy! Wow...3 years old already! Every year I am amazed that another year has gone by, yet it always seems like it was just a few months ago that you were the new addition to our family. I can not tell you how blessed I am knowing that God chose me (me!!!) to be your mom. I often wonder what I ever did that made me worthy of being Reagan Babbitt's mommy (and David Babbitt's wife).

October 6, 2004



You have had such an amazing 3rd year. You started out this year not having a huge vocabulary...just a few short phrases or so. My-oh-my! How that has changed. There used to be days where I felt deprived not having "adult conversation". I now realize that I wasn't missing the "adult" part...I have very meaningful conversations with you all day long! We talk about silly things mostly, and I love that about you. We laugh and giggle our way through the days. And I don't think there is a better way to spend a day than to be laughing.




You spent most of your 3rd year going to Treasure Patch Kids. Last school year your teacher was Miss Patti, and you loved her. You had a blast while at school, yet you couldn't always tell me what you did during the day. That has changed this new school year. Your teacher this year is named Miss Kelli, and you are in the "TIGER" classroom. Every Tuesday and Thursday when I pick you up you tell me ALL about your day. Thank you for sharing your experiences with me. And although I do enjoy my 4 hours while you're at school I can honestly say that I look forward to 1:30 so that I can see you again.


October 6, 2005~~The morning of your 1st Birthday.


One of the biggest changes in this year was your bed. In January you and Daddy turned your crib into a "Big Boy Bed". It was still your crib, but we removed one of sides. I was worried that you would be getting out of bed and therefore making your naps and sleeps shorter. Boy was I wrong. You always do what we have told you to do~~Stay in bed until Mommy or Daddy comes to get you. Just a couple of months ago you graduated to your "Great Big Enormous Bed". You now sleep in a regular full size bed. And you have yet to get out of bed on your own~~not one time since January!!


You have really started to get close to other family members lately. You enjoy going over to Tita's and Grandpa's house, Aunt Colleen's and Uncle John's house, and Uncle Ricc's and Victoria's house. You also love getting visits from Grandmother and Daddy Bowen, and Grandaddy, Granny Linda, Aunt Carly, and Uncle Mitchell. You love to talk about everyone even when we're not with them. And you just can not wait to go see Daddy Bowen's Cabela's to see the deer butt!!!! (You are so silly!!)


October 6, 2006~~The morning of your 2nd Birthday.


One of my favorite times of the day is at night. Mommy and Daddy take turns putting you to bed, and I love it when it is my night. I love lying in bed with you reading books, charging the stars, and talking to God. You are such a cuddle-bug at this time. We rub each other's backs. We tickle each other's nose. And we sometimes even play "Hi!" where we turn to look at each other really quickly. This really gives you the giggles...and it does me, too.


Thank you, Reagan, for coming into our lives. You have made our family complete, and you are such a joy to be around. I have truly enjoyed every minute of the past 3 years, and I am looking forward to watching you grow older (just don't do it too quickly!!). You are so smart, so loving, and so funny. I treasure all of our moments together.


October 6, 2007~~The morning of your 3rd Birthday.


With ALL of my love,

Mommy




Thank you: Em, Jen, Anne

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Awww, happy birthday Reagan! I hope it was a good one and you didn't get a stomach bug for your birthday!

Unknown said...

Great pictures, I can't believe how much he has changed, yet still looks the same in some ways. Happy Birthday Reagan!!!

Megan said...

I love how you got a picture of him each birthday morning. That was good mommy planning! You have an adorable boy.

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts and emotions about watching him grow these past 3 years.

Anonymous said...

It goes by so fast doesn't it? It's great reading how wonderful these past three years have been for you guys! What a fantastic family!

Sheryl