Not what I expected...

Thursday, October 25, 2007

My two boys are in their beds asleep. The cat is with one of the boys, and the two dogs are with me in the living room snoring while I watch tv. I took a break from my Tivo'd show (how did parents function before Tivo???) and looked around the room:

I never, ever thought I would see a roll of dental floss sticking out from under my sofa. (don't ask)

I certainly never imagined 5 [toy] monkeys hanging out on my fire place.

I never dreamed that my home decor would include a plastic bin of Bob the Builder trucks.

And who would have guessed that I would think my living room would feel "empty" without the one who placed all of the above...

I wouldn't trade my living room for anything!

5 comments:

emily said...

Ahhh, sounds like a wonderful warm place - a place you worked hard to make sure was wonderful, safe and fun!

Unknown said...

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great living room to me! And, yes, I don't know how parents functioned without Tivo/DVR. It's my middle of the night entertainment! Luckily Christopher was born when all the new shows started! ;-)

Megan said...

I love my living room too, but I still think I could love it even more with a new couch! :)

Seriously, that is a really special way of looking at it. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This was such a sweet pot Kelly!

And I'll have to copy Megan and say, I love my living room too but, it would be a better place with my curtains hung:)