Am I home sick??

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Before I begin my post I want to apologize for not getting back to Reagan Posts tonight. I thought of something to write about, and it isn't Reagan. (what?!?!?!?!)

Also, for a good laugh (at my husband), read the comments in the post below. What a (cute) goofball.

My mom and my sister are currently on a cruise. They are sailing around Italy. I'm not jealous that they are there, although it would be alot of fun to be with them right now. But what I am doing is missing them incredibly!! I do talk to my mom at the very least once a week. It is usually two times a week. And when my sister isn't traveling or super-busy with work we see each other at least once a week. I know some of you may talk to your moms or sisters once a day...but just knowing that they aren't where they usually are makes me miss them so much!!

I failed to get their itineraries before they left so I don't even know what port they are at today. That bothers me. Not like knowing they are in Sicily is going to make it easier to get in touch with them.

I also feel a bit like I have some added responsibility. I am the youngest on this side of the family, and I think I will always feel like "the little one". I'm A-ok with this. :) But knowing that my step-father and my brother-in-law are without their wives makes me feel like I need to be "ready" if something is needed. (Yes, they are grown men and can take care of themselves.) That is just how I feel. And like I said, I'm the youngest and usually feel like the one in need~~even though I'm a mom. I kind of feel like the Speaker of the House~~you know, the 3rd in line to the presidency. Ha!!

I just want to wish Mom and Colleen and happy trip. I miss you both very, very much. I can't wait until next week when you're home. Bring lots of pictures!!!

And I'm holding you BOTH to the Vegas trip....SOON!!!!! I love you.

3 comments:

emily said...

I know exactly what you are talking about! As soon as a loved one is in a place that I can't just contact it makes me sad.

Even if they were at home and I wouldn't :)

Vegas, Fun!

rebekca said...

You sound like you fit the bill in the mom role. You're oozing nurturer :)

Hope the time flies when they are away- and looking forward to Vegas does help, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your thoughts and it looks like John made out okay while I was gone.

We wish you could have been with us too and don't you worry - Vegas is on!