Back to reality...

Saturday, November 10, 2007

...and back to the loves of my life, my boys.

Hmmm. Now I have that early 90's song in my head~~"Back to life/Back to reality...". I did a pep rally routine to that song when I was a sophomore in high school. That dates me.

I had a great time at the retreat. We really focused on Esther (and the Book of Esther), and how God's timing is perfect. I didn't know anything about Esther, but I would now suggest that all of you women reading this take a few moments to read the entire book. She was really an amazing woman, and God used her in His perfect plan.

Last evening after the first session I went back to my hotel room and just did "me" stuff. It was really nice. I talked to David at about 11pm and missed him. I didn't miss sharing my bed with 3 animals, though.

Reagan and David had a good time while I was gone. The only mishap was that when David fixed Reagan's hair this morning he sprayed bug spray on it instead of water. No, I'm not making that up. Reagan went to a super hero birthday party today, and he got to wear his very first super hero costume. He is very excited about it. I see many super hero costumes in our future.

I will get back to the regular Reagan Posts tomorrow.

6 comments:

emily said...

Love the bug spray vs hair spray... at least he DID his hair! That is the win.

I am glad you have fun, and yes that book is sooo interesting in SOOO many ways!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I will have to take a look at the Book of Esther. I feel like God's timing often works out well, but sometimes I have a hard time accepting his plan...if you know what I mean.

I will share the bug spray story with Jeremy when he gets home - that's too funny!

Unknown said...

Bug spray?! New trend?? Glad that you enjoyed YOUR bed last night!

Unknown said...

My dear, dear wife betrays me by omitting some critical details! First, Reagan's spray water is an old bug spray that is now labeled "water". Second, I found what I thought was the spray water in his top drawer alongside the hairspray and hair gel. This is not where we keep bug spray! And lastly, while I was spraying his hair I noticed that this spray bottle didn't have "water" on it. I promptly tasted the spray then immediately stripped Reagan down and washed his hair in the kitchen sink.

So, yes, I wet him down with bug spray, I admit. But the story isn't quite as unbelievable as me mistaking Off for Pantene!

Kelly said...

You tasted the bug spray?? I don't think you helped yourself here...

Anonymous said...

Ha,ha! You guys are too funny! Poor Reagan, lol:)
Glad you had a good time at the retreat!