Date Night!!

Friday, November 30, 2007

Let me shout it from the roof tops~~David and I are going out with some friends without Reagan!! You'd think that we are brand new parents or something and this is our first time out since he was born. That is not the case. He's 3, and our last date was on our anniversary (in June!!).

We have an amazing babysitter~~Reagan's Tita (David's mom). But Tita has 2 other grandchildren besides Reagan, and we hate to ask her to watch him because we know she has a busy life, too.

Yes, we need to find someone besides Tita. Because sometimes we want to hang out with Tita and Grandpa when they are just Russ and Maggie (or Mom and Dad).

Anyways...our night out is going to be spent with our close friends to celebrate a birthday. We're going to PF Changs (yummy!!), and I haven't had that since 3 years ago. I think the crispy honey shrimp is calling my name. I am looking forward to chewing and eating slowly and actually tasting my food rather then eating so quickly as to avoid the "I'm all done" melt down that can sometimes happen while at a restaurant. I don't think we need to worry about that happening with our friends. At least I hope it won't.

Someone asked me earlier today what our plans were for the weekend. I have no idea~~I'm just too excited and too focused on this evening to think about anything after midnight tonight.

Yeah, I need to get a life.

**Note: I changed my time settings just so that it looks like I didn't miss a day for NaBloPoMo. So for a few days I will be pretending I'm living in California. And really...I did NOT miss a day. I was just a little late for a couple of days. Remember, I did not sleep so it was still a day to me.

3 comments:

rebekca said...

I LOVE DATE NIGHT.

I swear after the first time Sebastian and I went out together, I would look at him and just think, "wow, he's so handsome"

It's nice to just be alone without the kids interupting for milk, or dirty diapers, or choking hazards...

I hope it was a great night! I do love P.F. Changs.

emily said...

YAY! I am hoping to find a last minute babysitter for tonight. I could us a holding hands, looking into each other's eyes hour :)

Hope it was fun!

Mommy said...

I hope you enjoyed the night out! We had one a few weeks ago - and it was AWESOME! Sometimes we need to feel like women..not just mommies!