Good Evening

Thursday, November 15, 2007

I feel like I am letting you all down tonight. This is the first time in 15 days (nights) that I don't know really what to write about.

We had a great evening tonight. Reagan woke up from his nap in a fairly good mood. (This is rare.) He had a yogurt snack (not so rare), and David came home shortly. I made a quick and easy meal of fajitas (Thanks, Em, for the idea) so that Reagan could make his own in hopes that he would eat it.

Back story: I usually make a dinner for me and David, and I give Reagan a little bit of whatever it is to try. He never tries it. So I always make him either Dino nuggests or a corn dog.

Well, tonight he ate most of his fajita!!! Yippee!

To continue the good evening we went to Home Depot. This is becoming a favorite hang out for all of us. Reagan was so incredibly good there!! He didn't whine if we went somewhere that took him away from his favorite places (the riding lawn mowers or outside), and he followed every single direction we gave him!! It made shopping enjoyable. We did hang out by the lawn mowers, but when we said it was time to go, he came with us without a fight!! Oh joy, joy, joy!!!

We giggled to Junie B. Jones (book on cd) to and from the store. We giggled some more at home. We had an easy bedtime. And now he's sleeping.

I LOVE nights like these. Dear, God. Please let tomorrow night be more of the same. Amen.

2 comments:

emily said...

YAY! Sounds like a great night and I do hope you get a repeat.

Unknown said...

That is the really nice stuff to post about - sounds like heaven!!! Here's to hoping for a repeat!