I really don't like basketball

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

As I have said before DVR's have got to be one of the greatest inventions for parents today. We still get to keep up with most of the shows that we would watch if we were childless~~although you have to watch them hours, sometimes days and weeks, after they originally aired.

This evening towards the end of Reagan's nap I thought I would watch last night's episode of the Biggest Loser. I pushed play and sat back to enjoy my show. As I fast fowarded through the first commercial break I noticed that the show was only 30 minutes long. This was strange. All of the previous episodes have been 1.5 hours or 2 hours long. Hmmmm. It didn't look like the recording had cut off, so I just kept watching. As minute 27 appeared I realized that DVR only recorded 30 minutes. And I missed the rest of the show~~the good parts of the show!

I went back in the guide to find out what happened.

Apparently some of us in Austin want to watch Spurs basketball. Because at 7:30 they played the Lakers, and that game cut into the Biggest Loser and all of the following scheduled shows. I'm assuming that only those of here in the area lost out on these shows, because I'm sure NBC wouldn't have put on brand new episodes of these shows if basketball was going to play "over" them.

And maybe the network replayed these shows at 3am or something, but my DVR didn't know about the change. So I have no idea who got to spend 24 hours with their family nor do I know who was sent home on the Biggest Loser. I guess I'll use my Googling skills to figure that out. But it just isn't the same, is it?

1 comments:

rebekca said...

I hear you.

But, how bout those new appliances?

Just trying to make light. I actually yelled at my husband because I was recording a Sunday night favorite and he changed the channel while it was recording and somehow....magically...dvr booted it.