Since I have nothing else...

Monday, November 19, 2007

(I really will post something fun or cute or, at the very least, not boring tomorrow.)

We had a very busy but fun day today. Reagan and I went to Megan's house for playgroup. We then had lunch and went to HEB. After that we came home so that I could pick up the house a bit before my dad came over. After our busy day, now I am vegged out in front of Dancing With the Stars (Tivo'd, of course), but I need to get in my daily NaBloPoMo post in.

I don't have anything exciting to write about. But instead of just posting the I-don't-know-what-to-write-about-but-I-don't-want-to-miss-a-day post I have this to share:

Ugh. This is a huge leap (and embarrassment) to share this with you all. But here goes. I have sitting next to me a bible study called "The Lord's Table...A Biblical Approach to Weight Management." I have had it for almost a week, but I haven't started it yet. I am looking forward to learning more, but I'm nervous to start the suggested meal plan.

The book suggests that in a 7 day week you have 2 normal eating days (but not over doing it), 2 half days (eating 1/2 of what you normally do each meal), 2 liquid days (2 liquid meals, like V8, and one normal meal), and 1 day of fasting (just water). You wouldn't put two of the same day in a row...does that make sense?

The problem I have is that I should wake up early to do the bible study so that I know what to do to get me through the hard days (liquid and fasting). But I just haven't gotten up early. So then I think that maybe I'll do my bible study while Reagan naps and start the suggested meal plan the following day using what I learned the previous day to help. Know what I mean?

So there it is. I will soon start this 60 day bible study. I am hoping that it is life-changing. I am willing to repeat the 60 days for as long as I need to. Now you all know. I guess that is a good thing. :)

2 comments:

emily said...

Making any significant change is a leap of faith. Pray and enjoy the holidays and then make the leap!

Mommy said...

I don't think I could do the liquid days...I need to chew something! Enjoy the leap of faith - its wonderful to take control of something in your life!