Spoiled Headlines

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Yahoo is my homepage. I would provide a link for you, but I'm scared to even look at the page right now (keep reading). My email is through Yahoo, and I like it. I am also an entertainment junkie (I think). I would much rather see headlines that pertain to Hollywood than to depressing things like "real" news or stocks or politics. So I have my page set to give me celebrity headlines. I also have my email set to do the same thing.

This has caused me grief many times. For example, last Tuesday after putting Reagan to bed I came into the office to check my email. I pulled up the page, and glaring at me was "Garth Kicked Off of 'Dancing'!". (Was that the correct punctuation...four symbols in a row?) What?!?! The show had just ended a mere 60 minutes before hand. Usually the internet is considerate enough to wait 12 hours or so. I was so disappointed...yet, I watched the results show anyway.

Well it happened again. After putting Reagan down last night I checked my email. I was told by my homepage that Mel B. was in the lead after Monday night. Yes, I still watched the show.

Really, Yahoo. Be considerate of those parents out there that watch tv shows hours, sometimes days, after they have aired. You know what, Yahoo? It isn't even just parents. I know lots of people with DVRs, and they would like to actually watch their favorite tv shows to get results rather then have those results broadcasted so loudly over their internet pages. Don't get me wrong. I believe the information should be there. I think the stories should be available ASAP. But do the headlines have to give everything away? Leave something to be desired, you know?

So, if you are out there waiting for me to respond to an email. You're going to have to wait a couple of hours after I watch the finale of "Dancing".

I added Reagan's Santa picture in the previous post.

3 comments:

emily said...

That is frustrating... cnn says stuff like "Three Left...". which would be perfect for you :)

Great pic!!

Mommy said...

I try not to look at the headlines until I'm at work (and not teaching!) I did stay up WAY TOO late to watch that show...and now I need more coffee...

Unknown said...

I can understand your frustration, of course one night I was looking for info (on AI, I think) and I couldn't find out who got kicked off that night - so either way, you get annoyed :) Great pic of Santa with Reagan.