Missing Something?

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I woke up without something this morning. I don't know where I put it, but it surely isn't with me today. I've lost my...

Patience. My patience with Reagan. And I'm totally aware of it, so you'd think that I'd be able to control my behavior and attitude when reacting to his. Yeah, not so much.

R: I want that green car on the box with the dirt track toy (which Santa brought him).

M: It doesn't come with a green car. It was just a picture. It only comes with Dirt Track McQueen.

R: I want the green car with it.

M: There is no green car. It was just a picture.

R: I want the green car. It comes with it.

M: (voice slightly raised) No. It doesn't come with it. It was just a picture.

R: It does come with it.

At this point I'm very close to shaking some reason into him so I leave the room.

This happened with several other conversations today. I just had to reason with him. Because he wasn't accepting anything that I was saying. But guess what? You can't reason with a 3 year old.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To those of you who wondered how David felt about me posting that video of him yesterday~~he did enjoy it. He is able to laugh at himself, and I believe that he isn't the teeniest embarrassed at the fact that everyone in the entire internet world is able to see him box.

To those of you who requested a video of me boxing~~I may just have to allow that. The reason being is that I full out box. I mean, I'm doing punches, upper cuts, dodging left and right, ducking down, etc...almost everything but kicking. It is like my Billy Blanks Tae Bo workout. Doesn't everyone Wii like that???

4 comments:

emily said...

Lori-Anne did something the other day when Aubrey and I had a similar conversation. She stopped us, she asked Aubrey, "Aubrey does mommy tell you the truth", Aubrey said yes. "Aubrey does mommy love you"... yes. "OK, Aubrey, mommy loves you and tells you the truth so the show you are watching is the one with the witch and you need to go watch it and when the witch comes back on you come say you are sorry to your mommy and tell her you love her and give her a hut".

SO... maybe do the same thing to Reagan, tell him you don't like, you love him and that there is no green car but he can go look for it all he wants and when it isn't in the house he needs to come apologize to you :)

Also I full out box/tennis on Wii!

And repeat this, "I love my child, I love my child, I love my child"

If you are doing that when hubby gets home you automatically get a nice break and wine.

Jessica said...

Maybe you need to take a little break...I know you posted a couple of days ago about not wanting to leave Reagan, but sometimes you need some Mommy-free time to help you be the best Mommy you can be!

I think we have the same dirt track thing...what a pain in the rear to put together!!

Mommy said...

I'd offer you some of my patience, but alas - mine is gone, too! I've lost it at home or at work and I can't seem to find it. I miss it.
Good Luck - I've got nothing for you...Emily's idea sounds good. Could you remind me of that in a year or so?

rebekca said...

Today my patience almost ran out on Sebi. He managed to get ahold of my Nursing skills notebook and all of the pages ended up all over the kitchen.

I went to my bedroom to cool off, and then I asked him to come and talk to me. He walked up to me with the sadest eyes and said,

"Happy heart, mama. happy heart."

It seems like the good just outweighs the bad. But, we're all in it with you, girl!