Back To School

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'll probably use that post title again in a couple of months.

I am no longer just a mom. I am a third grade teacher again!

After interviewing last Thursday morning, I was offered a teaching position at the brand new Westside Elementary School in Leander ISD. I was able to think about the possible position all of last weekend, and David and I decided that I should take it if it was offered to me.

The school/district/principal all seem to be a perfect fit for me and an answer to my prayers. Originally I wanted to teach in Round Rock...and ideally at our neighborhood school. But after thinking more about it, I decided to also apply to Leander (which is the school district west of us). We will more than likely move in a couple of years, and we could possible move to Cedar Park/Leander. And even if we don't, I am very, very happy with LISD.

The school is in the process of completing construction. This is the second time that I will work in a brand new school, and I really loved the experience in the past. There is extra time and work you have to put in, but it is all worth it~~having a brand new classroom, with brand new furniture, bonding with a brand new staff, etc. I saw pictures of the school in Michigan on what our school plan is based on, and I am just really excited about it! The rooms are large, and the teacher's desk is built into the wall so it doesn't take up classroom space. There are built in work areas in the hallways (which aren't really hallways) so kids have a place to work with each other outside of the classroom. PLUS there are windows in the classroom to look into the hallway so you can keep an eye on those kiddos. The classroom doors are double doors~~which is just a nice touch.

I really can't wait to get into my classroom!

A few days ago I was very torn in my feelings. And there is still a small part of me that is sad because of this huge change in my family's life. But I am really looking forward to doing something that I love doing.

And Reagan's going to love his new preschool!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That is awesome! Congratulations on the job and how cool that it's in a brand new school and you're with a bunch of other teachers starting fresh!!

Mommy said...

I am jealous of your new school!! My school is old. No A/C. No screens on the windows. And we're starting a HUGE construction project right outside my window next year. crap.
I think Regan will LOVE LOVE LOVE pre-school.

Unknown said...

Glad that your feelings are kind of evening out and that you are settling in with your decision.