Laundry List

Saturday, August 25, 2007

I hate laundry. Absolutely hate it. (Ok, that may be too much.)

I do not like to do the laundry. (Better.)

I am looking at a pile of whites in one of our chairs just waiting to be folded. The problem is that there was a pile of darks that was in that chair this morning, but it is now somewhere in our bedroom~~I put it on the bed this morning, and now David is sleeping...so I don't know where he put the pile.

I can wash the clothes all day long. I just always dread the folding and putting away. Our clean clothes can go days sitting in the living room with us watching re-runs of CSI, and I'm getting very good at ignoring the 500 lb gorilla (or pile of cotton) in the room.

One thing I dislike even more than laundry??? Ironing. But of course, once the laundry has sat in the leather chair for 4 days it needs to be ironed. I have tried so many times to become a super-wife and wash, dry, and fold clothes all within the same day, but it just doesn't stick.

The good news is that we always have clean clothes...well, most of the time. I mean, I have clean clothes. Reagan has clean clothes. David may not always have clean workout clothes (which is a whole post in itself).

I'm taking a giant leap in posting this for friends and family to read. I know that I'm exposing my housekeeping skills to those whom I admire. I think my sister actually enjoys folding clothes!!! But now you all know... So the next time you see David in a wrinkly t-shirt you'll know that it is clean. And it has been clean for quite some time.

3 comments:

emily said...

The laundry NEVER ends... I do at least one load EVERY single day. So we have clean clothes, we even have folded clothes, what we don't have is clothes IN closets or IN drawers. My husband even bought 4 big baskets so the "piles" as he calls them don't end up on the floor - and so it "appears" more organized than it is. I just can't seem to go that next step after folding. Great post :)

Anonymous said...

You are right! I do love to do laundry and the folding is the best part. But, I've never picked up an iron in my life.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you ~ try doing laundry for 5! However, I do have 3 wonderful helpers, called daughters (ages 8-13). Everyone in our family folds and puts away their own clothes and the girls do all the towels. It is very nice to have their help with all the chores. Thank goodness!

~T