The Best. Husband. Ever.

Monday, November 12, 2007

David went to Sears last night with my brother-in-law who gets a super discount there to buy a new water softener. We have lived in the house since '99, maybe, and we have never used the softener. A few weeks ago our water had a funny smell to it. The smell is gone, but it made us want use the softener. After some research David realized that we needed a new one. So off he went to purchase one.

While he was there he decided to pick up just a few other things. Are you ready for this???

We're getting a new dishwasher!!!! Woo hoo!!! I hate our dishwasher. It has so many problems~~sometimes the soap cup doesn't open, sometimes it opens at the very end of the cycle and just oozes soap all over the place, and it doesn't really clean very well. It is like that dish washing detergent commercial...why do I have to wash the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher. I'm not the dishwasher. Well, now I really don't have to be the dishwasher!!! I can't wait for us to get it.

That's not all! (Don't I sound like The Price Is Right??) He also bought front load washer and dryer!! Is this not the best thing ever??? I'm so excited. We also have problems with our washing machine. The switch is broken~~the one that switches when the door closes. So the washing machine never knows that the door is closed so it doesn't run the whole cycle. We had to pull out the broken switch (no small task because you have to pull off the entire metal case thing) and it is now MacGyver-ed with tons of tape to keep the switch in the position that lets the machine think the door is closed. Oh, and the dryer has screws from the Jeep (don't ask) in the lint trap thing that will never come out.

I think that is all he purchased. You never know. He might come home with the appliances AND a riding lawn mower for our super tiny yard. I would be ok with that purchase since he earned mega points with the dishwasher, washing machine, and dryer!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the BOMB - the front loaders are AWESOME - my co worker has them - plus the $ you save on water!!! Ahhhhhh. Great finds David! (Even with the discount!!)

Megan said...

That is the best thing ever! It would be hard to top the joy I would feel if Tim walked through the door with all new appliances.

rebekca said...

Hey Kelly!

COME ON DOWN!!! (and don't forget to high 5 everyone in the audience on your way up to the front)

I hope you enjoy your new appliances!

emily said...

I love my Front Loader. You will too. Changes your life, seriously.

I am so excited for you!!!

Mommy said...

That will be our next appliance purchase...front loaders. We just re-did the kitchen so all those appliances are BRAND NEW. (*Had to have the freezer fixed already AMEN for warranties!)
ENJOY THEM...