Pink Daisies and Honey Bees

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy Halloween!! Buzz, Meow!


Here I go! Day One of the National Blog Posting Month...

Last night was Halloween night, and Reagan had been looking forward to wearing his costume to go trick-or-treating. He has been under the weather all week, and I was happy that he felt well enough to go out.


***This following story is EXACTLY what happened. If you ask David, he will tell you something different. Don't believe him.***

I thought that it would be fun for David and I to dress up with Reagan. Reagan had his bee costume already, and I jokingly said, "Do you want Daddy to be a flower to go with your bee costume?". Reagan thought that was an excellent idea!! For a week or so he talked about Daddy and his flower costume. Last week Reagan and I went to the costume store to find the pieces for my costume (a cat). While we were there I saw an adult bee costume--just parts of a bee that could be worn with normal clothes. I honestly tried to get Reagan to change his mind for David's costume, but he said he wanted Daddy to be a flower. Ok. Fine with me.

I then asked Reagan what color of flower did he want Daddy to be fully expecting the answer to be "yellow". Nope. He said, "A pink flower!!". OK. Fine with me. On Sunday night we went to the grocery store to get the poster board for David's costume. I again tried to help David out. I showed Reagan both the yellow poster board and the pink poster board hoping that he would pick yellow. (Poster board only comes in neon pink.) Nope. Reagan picked neon pink. Ok. Fine with me.

David underestimated my flower making abilities. He seems to forget that I am an elementary school teacher~~and we are pretty crafty when we need to be.

Although Reagan looked really adorable as a bee, David's costume was the biggest hit. I heard kids down the block say, "Hey!! Look at that pink daisy down there!".

Not that any one of us needed this proof...but this is just a small example of how much David loves Reagan and what he'll do to make him happy.




A happy pink daisy with his bumble bee.



Thank you, Honey, for all that you do for our son. You looked great!!

6 comments:

emily said...

David must win an award for that! That is awesome! YAY DAVID>

You all look cute :)

anne watson said...

That is quite possibly the CUTEST thing ever! What a great Dad!

rebekca said...

Kudos to you Kelly! (AND David!!)

There is NO WAY I would have gotten Sebastian to wear that adorable flower

Unknown said...

That is the complete BOMB in my book!! Awesome of David to do that with love!!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! David looks like a happy pink daisy! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! What a great daddy! Good job on the flower mom:)