Why Me?

Thursday, February 21, 2008

An actual conversation with Reagan on Monday after playing at an inflatable jumping place:

"I had fun jumping today." I'm so glad.

"Why did I have fun?" Because we went to the jumping place.

"Why?" Because you like to jump.

"Why?" Because jumping is lots of fun.

"Why did Brody have fun?" Because he jumped, too.

"Why is jumping fun?" Because it is fun to move your body and makes you feel good.

"Why?" Really, Reagan. Just stop.

I then tried to stop the brains oozing from my ears.

3 comments:

Mommy said...

I think it would be a LOT of talking if Reagan and Aubrey got together. And now I have a BIGGER headache than when I just read Emily's post.

Jenny said...

Yeah, I so love 3. I don't often sound like I do, but I love this age.
The incessant mindnumbing chatter (higher communication) and the never being satisfied with ANYTHING (constant insatiable thirst for knowledge) are precious :-)
Soon they will be 15, EAT IT UP, I constantly remind myself of this (not that it makes it any better) :-)

emily said...

I wonder what happens to all that brain ooze from all the mommies... what if that is what is really mucking up the Ozone and causing global warning...

Today, "Mom, do flamingos eat apples? Cause apples are not pink they are red and the shrimp on the shrimp tree that make the flamingos pink could be the apples?" WHAT?!?!