Is That Really MY Kid?

Friday, March 14, 2008

Sometimes I wonder if Reagan really is 1/2 of me. There are some things that he does that are so NOT my personality. (Yes, I know he has his own.)

For example, Reagan isn't the biggest fan of ice cream. What?!?! How can that be? My favorite dessert is ice cream. In fact, I had a whole lot of it when he was in my belly. Hello Sonic chocolate shakes!!

Another example is his (no) sense of style. Last night when I walked into his bedroom after he and David got Reagan ready for bed, my heart about stopped. Reagan picked out his own jammies. He picked out a long sleeve light blue sleep shirt with a tine snowboarding bear on it. It is really cute. It came with super cute plaid jammy pants. However, it is now too small. So the long sleeves were 3/4 length sleeves. And he kept on trying to pull it down over his belly.

AND he didn't pick out the super cute jammy pants. He (and David) picked out light blue sleep shorts. Not the same light blue. Not even in the same family of light blue. It made me a bit queasy looking at it.

And yes. I am over-reacting. But this is how I am.

That brings us to today. Reagan asked to wear his San Antonio zoo t-shirt. Ok. No problem. It isn't the cutest thing in the world. And I would have liked to dress him up a bit more since we are going out of town, but whatever.

The kicker is that it is hot today. So I put him in shorts. Fine, right? Nope. He wanted to wear is "sea socks". These are socks that have fish all over them. Which would be great if he were in jeans and no one could see them. But he's in shorts.
And check out the pirate bandanna. Yeah, it is fun to go out in public with him today.

At least the sea sock colors are the same colors as his t-shirt.

I don't know why there is a greenish tint to these pictures. Just another reason why I'd like a new camera.

2 comments:

Mommy said...

I don't suppose you saw the picture of Posh Beckham with one of her boys in his SPIDERMAN costume at his brother's birthday party? These are good times. When else in your life is it OK to look like a non-matching idiot for 365 days a year? Halloween only comes once a year....right?
At least he's clean, right?

rebekca said...

I think that you have a very creative, intelligent kid.

with bad fashion choices. ;)