My Journey~~Week 2

Sunday, March 16, 2008

I had another fantastic week! I am a bit nervous, though. I know the time will come when the scale will not be so generous. My mom told me that I shouldn't be nervous since I know it is going to happen. She's right. I'll just fully enjoy the success I had this week and last week!

One of my goals last week was to "drink more water". Well, I did drink more. But I still didn't drink the 6 required glasses per day. And I'm taking the requirements to literally mean WATER...not something else. I know that some people will count one of their teas or their fruit juice or whatever as water, but I don't want to do that. On the two days that I did get all 6 glasses in, I realized that it really wasn't that hard. I'm very good at drinking a Rudy's cup (which would count as 2 waters) while I'm vegging in front of the tv late at night. I guess it is a habit of needing to do something with my hand and mouth~~that habit used to be filled with snacking and a glass of wine. So I'm going to up my goal for this week (see below).

I had a challenge this week. Yesterday David and I went to a wedding and a reception. All this week I kept this in mind and didn't use any of my extra points so I could save them for Saturday. (more on not using points in a bit) And I don't think I went overboard yesterday. I ate sensibly for breakfast and lunch. And I had a whole bunch of points left for the wedding. With the meal (which I only ate 1/2 of) and my two light beers, I stayed within my point range. It was the darn wedding cake that put me over! But I didn't feel guilty about it. It took 7 points of my extra 35 for the week. And that's it.

PLUS, I'm given a ton of points since I have so much to lose. But I just can not eat all of my points. I'd be stuffing myself if I did. So I usually go to bed with 3 to 6 points left in the day. I just can't do it. So I'm feeling like those points are as if I were exercising. Which I haven't really started doing, yet.

Alrighty! Here are my stats:

Weight loss: -5.4 pounds
Total loss: -10 pounds (holy moly!! in only 2 weeks!!!!)
Goals for the week: Drink 6 glasses of water per day EVERYDAY; exercise two times this week

I really want to thank all of you who commented last week. I enjoy being accountable to all of my friends...I kept on thinking this week that I want to be able to post something good today, and I was able to. I fully understand that my weight loss will slow down, but even if I can just tell you all that I met my own personal weekly goals is a success to me. So thank you for reading this. And thank you for being so incredibly supportive.

6 comments:

emily said...

HOLY SMOKES! Congratulations! It sounds like you have a great attitude. I once described weight loss as a "switch" I needed my brain to make. Sounds like yours is on!

Mommy said...

THATS AMAZING!! I never lost that much in one week - you are KICKING TAIL!! SERIOUSLY!!
Keep up the good work. I don't drink enough water when I am home....I just get distracted and forget. It helps me to put it in one LARGE water bottle then I can keep track of how much I have left to drink.
And wedding cake ALWAYS gets me - even if its not good!

Unknown said...

GREAT JOB!!!! Kelly you are rocking on WW and you have all your ducks in a line. You are prepared for the plateau and that can be the worst enemy. Don't let it be!! If you do things gradually like adding in the workout/walk it will be beneficial! I'm glad that you had wedding cake too! Don't ever deny yourself!

rebekca said...

Great job!

And wedding cake doesn't have any calories, or sugar, or fat. It's all wedding in there. ;-)

anne watson said...

Awesome. Great job Kelly!!!

Anonymous said...

Who in their right mind could pass up wedding cake..I'm glad you didn't:D

Also...
Total loss: -10 pounds (holy moly!! in only 2 weeks!!!!)

I'll say...That is awesome!!!