My New Favorite Thing

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Today while at HEB I bought the new Ziploc Zip'n Steam bags. Holy moly!!! I had no idea that it would work so well.

I sliced up 2 small squash, a zucchini, and an orange bell pepper. Tossed them in the bag. Microwaved the bag for 3 minutes. And viola! Yummy steamed veggies. And no pots to clean.

I highly recommend these things. They say you can steam all kinds of things in them including meats. I'm interested in trying that out. Anything to make healthy cooking easier and quicker is a winner to me!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

my mom LOVES those things :-) Might have to try them!

rebekca said...

I'm intrigued. And here is the question that you all know you wanted to ask too..

Can you reuse them?

Kelly said...

I don't think so.

While I was at HEB today (yes, we go almost daily), I was buying tilapia. On the top of the counter there were steaming bags for fish that come with seasoning!! So I bought one and will try it tomorrow night. I'll let you all know about it.

rebekca said...

ooh, did you get the special on the tilapia? three weeks ago, I bought .83 pounds of tilapia for almost $5.00 ??##!!!

And then last week I was at the H.E.B. plus and they had frozen 2 lb bags for $4.98!

I bought that sucker. And we go daily too :) it's the balloons, and the whole getting out of the house, and I think H.E.B. thinks we work there and I don't want to miss a shift.

emily said...

Goodness guys, you totally need to NOT go to the grocery store every day :) Call me, I will help with the planning :)

Teasing. Those bags sound cool! Will have to check that out when the produce here starts looking more, hmmm what's the word... fresh...

Anonymous said...

I love those bags! I steam apple chunks with a little brown sugar and cinnamon - yum!

Let us know about the fish - I have trouble finding good ways to cook it...

Mommy said...

hmm...now I am intrigued. Guess I'll have to try those. I cook LOTS of stuff in the micro - and my hubby uses the stove for veggies.
How do you cook your talapia? Mine always comes out fishy - maybe my store doesn't have fresh stuff??