Mrs. Fix It

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm in home improvement mode. So is David. This is what we're working on right now. Be prepared to scream:







This is Reagan's bathroom. Poor kid. David and I have hated this wallpaper since we moved into this house. In 2000. I don't know why it has taken us so long to get to it.


I have spent the last couple of evenings stripping the wallpaper and taping the room to get it ready for David to texturize the walls and for me to paint them.


We also decided to paint the cabinets in there, as well as in our kitchen. So here is a question for you who read this:


Do I also need to paint the inside of the cabinets? The shelves and such? Or will just painting the fronts and backs of the doors and drawers and the actual cabinet outsides be fine? (for resale)

3 comments:

anne watson said...

I don't think you need to paint the inside shelves. People will cover them with liner anyway. Just paint anything that will be visible, even when the drawers are open.

And don't forget to sand before you prime! We just had really good luck painting some stained trim using the Kilz Latex primer under the paint. Only needed 1 coat of primer!

Megan said...

We painted our bathroom cabinets which were originally a light wood color like your kitchen and we did not paint the inside. I don't know if that is the correct way to do it, but it doesn't bother me in the least to just have the face of the cabinets painted and I am pretty picky.

Let me know how your cabinet painting goes. I am planning on painting our kitchen and laundry room cabinets white sometime very soon so need all the tips I can get! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else - I think only the fronts and doors need to be painted. Let us know how it goes!