Confessions from a mom

Friday, November 09, 2007

Today I am going to a ladies' retreat with my church. It is going to be in Fredericksburg at the Fredericksburg Inn and Suites (check out how beautiful it is!!). It starts this evening at 6pm and wraps up tomorrow at 3pm. I am looking forward to getting to know the women of my church a bit better~~David and I just started going to this church about a year and half ago, and we still don't know that many people.

But I am really looking forward to just getting away for a day. I feel like I am not being the best mom I can be right now, and I know that this one day will recharge me~~which will be great for all of us in this house.

Last June (2006) David and I went to Florida for a friend's wedding. That one little weekend did so much for me as a mom (and for us as a couple). Then in February David and I got to go to Costa Rica. Again this was a much needed time for us. As much I am looking forward to the spiritual time with the other ladies, I so wish that I was getting to spend some time away with David.

I miss you, Honey!! We need to do our alone time again soon.

And Reagan, I'll see you tomorrow after your nap, Kiddo. And I'll be ready to play trains again and again and again and again and again and again...

3 comments:

emily said...

I think you are a super mom and sometimes too hard on yourself :)

If anyone had to do the SAME thing every day without a break they would go crazy. Seriously. Everyone needs their routine changed or a day away!

I think it is smart and shows how much you know yourself that you can recognize what is healthy.

rebekca said...

I hope you enjoyed yourself this weekend!

CHOO-CHOO!!!

Unknown said...

ENJOY your "YOU" time. I 2nd deam, it is great that you realize you need a break too!