Google Picasa can't help this red-eye

Thursday, November 08, 2007



I woke up this moring looking like this:




I actually had to wake David up to make sure I wasn't going crazy and that my eye really is blood red.

Of course I assumed that I have pink-eye, which I have had before. And I was just hoping that it was something more like a scratched cornea (worse, I'm sure) just so I didn't have to worry that the rest of the family would get what I have.

Thankfully, it isn't pink eye. After spending an hour and a half at the doctor's office, the doctor said it may be just a popped blood vessel and the discomfort that I'm feeling is a blood clot. She dropped in lovely yellow dye into my eye which made me look like I should be in Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video, and then she shined a black light to see what this little thing is. She tried to get it out, but it wouldn't budge. Therefore, it must be a blood clot.

But at least my kid won't get sick!!!!

7 comments:

rebekca said...

Your post title is awesome.

And the red just brings out the color in your beautiful eyes :)

If I was told that my discomfort was a blood clot, I'd immediately be thinking....so can this travel to my brain which is like a few inches back???

I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

emily said...

I too thought the picture really was neat and your eyes are GORGEOUS...

And I too thought, BLOOD CLOT< can it cause an aneurysm?

Kelly said...

Thanks, Girls. Now I'm scared to death.

Not really...I think this is more like a scab, maybe. Who knows? The doctor didn't seem to.

rebekca said...

nice knowing you, Kelly.

JUST K-I-D-D-I-N-G!!!

Anonymous said...

Kelly!
That happend to me once but it was after I puked all night long!
Hope that clears up soon:(

Megan said...

Oh I am glad to hear you don't have pink eye. I am sad we couldn't all get together tonight, but the cards were stacked against us. I am headed to the couch now that Tim is home to get some rest.

Unknown said...

I too had broken blood vessels after dry heaving for half the day - pregnant with Regan, fun?! NOT!!! It will just take a while for it to disappear, in the meantime sorry it is anooying!