A Gift from Heaven

Sunday, November 25, 2007

A conversation with Reagan as we were parking at Home Depot:

Reagan (holding a Christmas book I bought for him last year): Santa gave me this book.

Me: No, Mommy bought you that book.

Reagan: Santa brought it to me.

Me: (not wanting to argue) Oh, ok.

Reagan: Where did it come from?

Me: (didn't hear him very well) Where did you come from? Or where did the book come from?

Reagan: Where did I come from?

Me: Mommy's belly.

Reagan: (laughing) No, I didn't.

Me: Yes you did. You came from Mommy's belly, and I'll be reminding you of that for the rest of your life.

Reagan: I didn't come from your belly, Mommy. I came from heaven.

David and I looked at each other in shock and awe.

Me: Yes. You came from heaven, and God put you in my belly.

Reagan: I came from heaven, and God put me in your belly.

Me: Right.

6 comments:

emily said...

Amazing. And Thank God for it!

emily said...

...but how was the cake?

Kelly said...

Haha! David seemed to like the cake. I had one bite, and I thought it was way too sweet. The cake stayed at my in-laws after we left, so I don't know if it is being eaten or if it made its way to the trash.

rebekca said...

Too sweet.

And now you can tell him that he has blessed you with a "little piece of heaven", right here on earth :)

Unknown said...

Funny how accurate they know things!!! Great story!

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! ;-) What a little smarty - he IS sent from heaven!