November 24th

Saturday, November 24, 2007

I just finished putting up our Christmas tree. It doesn't have any ornaments on it or garland yet, but it will by the end of the night. A few years ago David and I invested in a pre-lit tree which has got to be one of the best inventions around (although DVR's are THE BEST). You see, I'm the only one who decorates the house and the tree. And my absolute least favorite thing to do was string the lights on (and off) the tree. So we now have a pre-lit tree. It is up, and the lights are on.

Of course, Reagan thinks TODAY is Christmas. I think we need to get an advent calendar to help him understand that the decorations go up way before the actual day.

Today is my birthday. Ever since Reagan came along, my birthday just sneaks up on us. It has always been a bit lost in the Thanksgiving holidays (last year my bday was ON Thanksgiving), but now with a kiddo my birthday just all of a sudden appears out of no where. I'm ok with that. My sister, my mom, and my little sister called me earlier. I saw my dad yesterday. I have great new appliances. So I have had a great birthday. My little sister (17) asked me if I feel older. Nope. I feel the same.

I made a cake this afternoon for our Thanksgiving dinner we're having tonight with David's family. He had this gooey pumpkin cake at his work, and he found the recipe for me to do it. I HATE pumpkin, so we substituted pineapple for it. We'll see how it tastes. I'm not the baking type.

We're getting ready to go to David's parents' house. I'm looking forward to it. Then I'll be back to "trim the tree". The cold weather here is making it seem like the holidays...much more so than the 90 degree heat we had right before the cold front hit on Wednesday. I think it is in the upper 30's right now. That is COOOOOLLLLLLDDDDD for us in Texas.

3 comments:

emily said...

You say it's your birthday
You got-ot your tree up
The weather co-operated
And you're off to eat cake

Reagan lo=oves his mommy
Just as=as he should
You lo-ook grea=eat
And you made a cool cake.

rebekca said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!

stinker, not letting us know!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kelly - I hope that dinner is great and that your cake turns out yummy too!!!