The Waiting Game

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Reagan got physically sick about one hour ago while we were getting ready for bed. He had said his tummy hurt about an hour before that. Other than that one hour he has been normal all day long. (How can things come up so quickly??) He is running a fever, too.

When I picked him up from school on Tuesday his teacher said they had to combine the two classes (of his age group) because a little girl in the other class got sick about 20 minutes before the end of school. I didn't think much of it until I also saw his teacher yesterday at the library. She asked if Reagan had shown any signs of getting sick, and I said "no". Her daughter who is in the class with the other little girl had not shown any signs either.

So now I'm wondering if he has the same little bug that the sick little girl had.

And now I'm waiting.

Waiting to see if Reagan gets sick any more tonight.

Waiting to see how long this bug, if it is a bug, lasts.

Waiting to see if I get sick...I was in the splash zone.

Waiting to see if anyone we have come into contact with since Tuesday afternoon gets sick. (Sorry to all of you who we've seen.)

The unknown isn't always fun and exciting.

We are very fortunate in the area of icky-sickness. The ONLY other time Reagan had a tummy bug was when he was four months old.

1 comments:

rebekca said...

Hope your little guy is all better soon!

Have a WONDERFUL weekend!