A Day at the Farm

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Last Friday, Reagan and I spent the afternoon at Crowes Nest Farm in Manor, Texas. We had a great time. We got to see Blossom the cow get milked, tons of different kinds of chickens, huge turkeys, peacocks--one even had his tail all up and beautiful, a bobcat, prairie dogs, pheasants, horses, ostriches (there were one month old babies), goats, pigs, ducks, etc.

If you ask Reagan what his favorite part was, he'll tell you it was when he was shouting "Chickens for sale!!!!!" over and over and over and over. You will not be sorry that I missed getting that on video.

And since we still only have the digital camera from 1978, I just took my video recorder. So no pictures, just a movie. The best part of all of these clips in the movie is Reagan's face. He had a great time, and I love how he took everything in.


5 comments:

emily said...

HA! Too cute :)

Megan said...

How do you hear about all of these fun places to go?
Reagan is lucky to have a Mommy who will take him on such adventures.

I love how he looks so awestruck in the clip. Isn't it fun to have such expressive children! Kennedy is like that.

Kelly said...

One of the moms at my church had been there before. I think you have to schedule your trip because they do 1/2 guided tours and 1/2 tours on your own. We should set something up with our group because it was a lot of fun. I'll look into it if you're interested.

Anonymous said...

Reagan is so cute! That's a really cute place to go. We used to take our Kindergarteners on a field trip there every year back when I taught, and I always said I would bring my own children there. I'd forgotten all about it! Thanks for blogging about it :)
Silvia

rebekca said...

What a neat idea for a FUN day! I'm glad you caught the excitement in his precious face!