More Lives Than a Cat

Thursday, May 08, 2008

A few weeks ago my handy man husband was going to replace a belt on his dying Jeep. Oh, who am I kidding? The Jeep is past dead. It has been on its last leg for quite some time. Remember this?

In the process of getting the old belt off, David broke a bolt. And although he is extremely manly and muscle-y, I think the fact that the bolt broke cleanly in half says something about the metal parts in this thing. The Jeep and its parts all are very, very crusty.

We picked up a new bolt at, of course, The Home Depot. The Home Depot is known for their auto parts section, right?

Here is video of the repairs. And I use that term very loosely.

Once it was fixed (two weeks after this was taken), the two boys went around the block. Reagan wishes that it had a radio in it.

The best part of this story is that David was trying to fix it (BEFORE the broken bolt) just to be able to pull out a couple of big bushes that we want to replace in the front yard. I will admit that I love watching the Jeep do that kind of stuff.

See? I still have a soft spot for the beast. But I'd still love to replace the monster with something a little nicer to look at.

Diamonds are nice to look at.

1 comments:

rebekca said...

Love the last little statement!

you're funny :)