Conversations with Reagan

Monday, September 10, 2007

WARNING: This may not be something that I should share, but I am writing this here because that is what a blog is~~a place to journal and to write things you'd like to remember.

A few nights ago I put to Reagan to bed. We laid in bed together for quite a long time. We were snuggling and "talking about what God made", and I was scratching his back. He was in his cute, 2nd hand Gymboree SCUBA jammies~~they are a one piece outfit that zips down the front. David loves this type of pj, especially when it comes to diaper changes. [insert sarcasm here] I kissed him goodnight, told him that I love him, and I left the room.

About 3 to 5 minutes later I hear Reagan calling for me.

Reagan: Mommy, come back! Mooommmmmmyyy! I want Mommy!!

This went on for a good 5 minutes which is unusual. So I decided to go in there to check on him thinking that maybe something had fallen out of his bed and he wanted it back.

Me: Reagan, what is it?

Reagan: I need new jammies.

Me: Why?

Reagan: I don't like these jammy pants.

Me: Why not? What's wrong with them?

Reagan: I can't stick my hands down them.

[What?!?! What is it with boys/men and hands down their pants???]

Me: Ok, let's find some new jammies.

I proceeded to search for new jammies in the dark. Good thing Reagan sleeps with a flashlight. I found some, and then we did some excellent team work! He held the flashlight and kept it turned on in my direction while I helped him put on new jammies.

I kissed him goodnight again and left the room. We didn't hear another sound from him all night.

Talk about self-soothing...

5 comments:

emily said...

That is priceless and the perfect story for the blog and history!

Anonymous said...

That story is priceless! These are the funny stories that you will share as a family for a long time! We still love talking about the time that my little brother found the great "knee pads" that were self-adhesive (under the bathroom sink). He was scooting down the hall pushing his trucks with maxi-pads on his knees! I can't wait to have these funny little stories to share, too!

Tina

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! This makes me feel better :) after our conversation at dinner the other night. Our kiddos are perfectly normal!

Unknown said...

Hilarious!! At least he is honest!! And he feels comfortable telling you so :)

Anonymous said...

Kelly, you have now entered the world of little boys! Just hope that he can keep his hands out of his pants in public! :-) It happens to them all - and seems to never stop!!!
Cinda