All Alone

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Reagan's school is having Dads-n-Donuts as I write this. The two (David and Reagan, of course) of them have been gone for an hour now. It started at 7pm, so I'm sure they'll be home really soon. Because, really. How long can you eat donuts with a bunch of pre-schoolers?

I have about decided that Dad'\s-n-Donuts is NOT about having the kids spend some time with their dads. Nope. Right now I'm imagining 45 or so other mothers enjoying this hour doing whatever it is they want to be doing. It just makes me want to go "Aaahhh...". I feel like the entire city of Round Rock is just a bit more relaxed. All because of Treasure Patch Kids and their donuts.

As for what I wanted to do? Absolutely nothing. With a glass of wine in my hand. What I actually did was clean the master bathroom. And now I have a glass of wine in my hand (which now strongly smells of disinfectant~~my hand, not the wine).

Say it with me... Aaaahhh!

4 comments:

rebekca said...

Aaaahhhh.

I'm sooo stealing that. I can hear it already,

"hey babe, what if we picked a night where you and Sebi got together and went and had a special treat. hmmm... like donuts. Yeah! Dads & Donuts!"

Mommy said...

I think Becky is forgetting that her husband would have 3 boys to take someplace special for donuts....maybe it would be easier if SHE went out!
I hope you enjoyed the quiet time!

Unknown said...

I think I did say that yesterday while working from home unexpectedly with no child in the house!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, but my hand didn't smell - lol.