An End to Realty

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I can not tell you how happy I am that the writers strike is coming to an end. I read yesterday that shows with new episodes will be returning very, very soon!!

But does this mean that my love of new-to-me realty tv shows is coming to an end also? I don't think so.

I don't know this for sure, but I suspect that the executives of realty tv were jumping up and down when the strike began and then continued for the next several months. This just gave their tv programs the chance to get noticed...and not only noticed, but LOVED by many viewers.

I'm not saying that I'm proud of my new passion. Some of the shows that I have started watching are just. plain. stupid. (Dance Wars, Paradise Hotel 2, just to name a couple) And American Gladiators is just fun to watch~~not only for the athletic events (and Toa's muscley tummy), but also for the down right silly things that the contestants come up with to say in their post event interviews! Or especially when the Gladiator Wolf talks at. all. He totally talks like he is a real wolf~~"I smell blood, and I won't let you go until I have tasted it." or "I may have let my first prey go, but I am still hungry for some meat." Oh. Ok.

Like I said, I am so excited that the strike is over. I am looking forward to new episodes of CSI, Grey's, Desperate Housewives, a full season of Lost, and many more.

I think I'll go and celebrate.

By watching some Realty TV.

1 comments:

Mommy said...

I'm not sure what I'll watch first...or again...or whatever. I've become SO used to watching CRAP on TV....it will be wierd to watch a new completely fictional show..... STRANGE