Just a Few Years Late

Monday, February 04, 2008

Last night's Super Bowl game was the 2nd most watched TV show in history coming in behind the series finale of M.A.S.H. I hear this alot--M.A.S.H. was the most watched TV episode. And I've seen most of the shows that are compared to that series finale.

But I have NOT seen the last M.A.S.H.

I know that M.A.S.H. was a favorite show in my house...my parents loved it. But I hated the nights that it was on. I guess I was just too young to "get it".

I wonder if it would be different now? I mean, I grew to like Cheers (another one of my parents faves). I even like The Golden Girls now. I think I did back in the 80's, too.

So maybe in this age of DVD's and Netflix, David and I should start watching the entire of series of M.A.S.H. It must have been good to have the number 1 spot now and for so many years.

Maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon that was rolling by 25 years ago and start watching a "new" show. I mean, there isn't anything else coming on with the writers strike and all. A person can watch only so much realty tv.

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

Hey, I've started bumping TV series up to the top of my Netflix list so I have SOME kind of serial television to watch. Reality, I love, but I can't live on Reality alone (which is a bizarre phrase in itself).

Right now, I'm watching season 1 of Entourage. I'll keep adding something until real TV is back.

Oy.

Mommy said...

Hey - if you haven't seen it, its NEW to you!!

Anonymous said...

I was like you, I didn't care for M.A.S.H. when I was a kid. But Jeremy LOVES that show, so I've started watching the reruns with him. It's actually pretty funny!

Another one we've started watching on DVD is Dallas - that is so corny, but good! :-)

Unknown said...

I loved M*A*S*H as a kid (god, I must be older than dirt) and I love when reruns are on of it. Go for it. I don't think that I saw the finale however for some reason I remember that it was the one episode that the words to the theme song were sung and not just played (instrumentally). Maybe I did see it?!

rebekca said...

I'm having flashbacks from 1994 when I was in college and couldn't afford cable (and apparently was smart enough to know that), so every night I watched M.A.S.H.

I'm sure the song will play in my head as I doze off to sleep tonight.

Touche'

emily said...

I love MASH! Huge fan!!!