We Don't Take Plants to Restaurants

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Whenever we go anywhere (anywhere) we ask Reagan what he'd like to take in the car with him. If it is a small item (cars, small plastic animals, HEBuddy "eggs") it can also go inside whatever destination we are headed for. Tonight was no different as we were headed out to eat. Except for one little thing...

Me: What do you want to take with you?

Reagan: My new itty bitty McQueen.

M: Ok! Let's go!

R: No. I want to take my pink van.

M: Ok. Let's go get it. (It is in his room.)

We walk past his dresser (see picture).

R: Ooooh! Let's take my cactus.

M: No. The cactus is too messy. Remember how you got dirt in Daddy's car when we first bought the cactus?

R: OOOOHHHHH! Let's take the lizard plant. It doesn't have dirt. (which it doesn't)

M: Reagan...we don't take plants to restaurants.

D: (from the kitchen) That should be your blog title tonight!





3 comments:

rebekca said...

David was right on. Because when I read that, I was thinking,

"this is gonna be good"

LOVE IT!

emily said...

That is hilarious.

Jessica said...

We play the "can I take a toy with me" game all the time in our house. Thankfully we don't keep plants in the house :-)