Fish But No Chips

Friday, March 07, 2008

I tried my tilapia tonight in a steamer bag made by McCormick. It came with lemon and garlic seasoning and the bag. I just placed the fillets in the bag, poured the seasoning (mixed with water) over it, closed the bag, and microwaved it for 6 minutes on high.

Then I heated a corn dog for my son who only eats corn dogs or chicken nuggets. That took 70 seconds in the microwave.

Next, I tossed a Zip'n Steam bag full of broccoli and cauliflower (no seasoning this time) into the microwave for 3 minutes.

So in less than 15 minutes (including the prep time of cutting the veggies and the cantaloupe we also had), I had the healthiest dinner ready for me and David.

And absolutely no dishes to clean up!! I'm in love with the steaming bags.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To answer a question I received earlier...

I usually bake my tilapia for about 25 in the oven. I am soooooo not a fish eater, and this is one of the only fish(es??) I like because it isn't fishy tasting. Most of the time I brush olive oil on the fillets, sprinkle it with Italian style bread crumbs and top it with grated Parmesan cheese before I pop it into the oven. That is one of our faves.

I will say that there was some fishiness to the tilapia tonight, but the seasoning that went on top of it really masked it. It was so yummy!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Hmmm...these steam/season bags sound like a way to survive for a month without a kitchen and not have to eat carryout every night. Thank you!!!