New Baby

Monday, March 30, 2009

Some friends of ours just had a baby girl. Their second child. They have a son, and now they have a baby girl.

I told Reagan that Brody has a baby sister now. He said, "Why?". That is a hard question to answer. I asked him if he wants a sister. He said, "No." Discussion closed.

For 3 1/2 years of Reagan's life David and I have been very noncommital in if we're going to have another baby or not. For the past year it has been very close to "No, we're finished.". I have always said that I didn't know for sure because my older sister is 6 years older than I am. And I think of myself as being very much like my mom. So I have been waiting for that urge to come to have another baby as Reagan grew older.

Well, he's 4 1/2 and that urge just seems to get teeny tiny. I think Brody's little sister is going to be the test.

Sure, it would be fun to have a girl. But I must say that I am in love with having two boys (Reagan AND David). And I feel totally and completely complete with our threesome.

But I will say that Baby Clara has some pressure on her. She's my test. If I hold her and feel that Mommy Want, then maybe we'll change our minds.

But I'm not really counting on it.

Plus, Reagan seems to be perfectly content being the only one.

1 comments:

Mommy said...

Have as many....or as few....as YOU want!! I have always wanted 2 - John would like 3. I keep telling him the "shop is CLOSED" after this birth! We could possibly adopt later....but don't count on it. I'd like to have some non-child time in my life....maybe!