Podracing Goggles

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Yeah, so Reagan has an obsession with Star Wars (and Spiderman, but that is a different post). I don't know how he even knew about Star Wars in the first place, but now we have seen every. single. episode PLUS the animated new one, The Clone Wars.

On a side note, I was kept awake in the early hours of Monday trying to figure out the timeline and when The Clone Wars took place. Because R4 (Obi Wan's droid) is in Episode 2 and in The Clone Wars. But I couldn't remember if R4 was destroyed in Ep. 2 or Ep. 3...and things weren't matching up if he had been destroyed in Ep. 2.

Good news--I Googled it, and found the answer that R4 was destroyed in Ep. 3...meaning that The Clone Wars comes in between 2 and 3. (Whew.) Pathetic, I know.

Back to Reagan's obsession... Well, in Episode 1-The Phantom Menace, young Anakin Skywalker competes in a podrace. Here's an image:


Neat, huh?

Tonight David and Reagan went outside to ride their bikes. However, they weren't bikes, I guess. They were riding podracers. And Reagan HAD to wear his podracing goggles. You know, to keep all the dirt out of his eyes as he flies across the desert racing all kinds of silly looking aliens. Like this one:

And here's my own podracer:


How do I accept that my son is a goofball. Is he going to be dressed as a Wookie or as Darth Vader waiting in line at the movie theater in a few years--10 days before the movie comes out--just to get tickets to it??

Please tell me "no".

Yet I'm the one who is awake at night debating the timeline of a very fictional movie because of a droid.

Goofball?? Yep!

1 comments:

Mommy said...

Mine is right there with yours!! He asks to watch Star Wars EVERY SINGLE DAY. And I have a feeling he'll be THAT GUY waiting in line one day.....