Thank God it isn't NaBloPoMo

Friday, December 21, 2007

I'd be in trouble if it were!

I'm getting very excited about Monday. On Christmas Eve, David and I are hosting lunch here at our house for his family. Well, it is my family, too~~the Babbitt's are all going to be here.

I'm getting a bit nervous about the meal. I am doing something other than the traditional turkey, and it is something that I have never made before. And just to give you a clear picture, I have only made ONE other big dinner before. Our first Christmas married, David and I had his family over and I made a turkey. So I'm thinking that if I can do that, I can do this, too.

The menu:
Leg of Lamb with Roasted Pear and Pine Nut Relish (from Cooking Light)
Mashed Potato Gratin (from Cooking Light)
Green Bean Casserole (a traditional favorite, but lightened up as much as possible)
Broccoli and Rice Casserole (not light at all...in fact, store bought...shhhhh!)
Crescent Rolls (it isn't Christmas at MY house without them)

I'm still thinking about what to do for dessert. And I'm also thinking of having a veggie tray out for when everyone arrives.

What I worry most about is when to cook everything. I have one oven, and I have 4 things that need to be in that oven at some point in time. I'm sure I can figure this out, though.


I am also on the hunt for 2 to 4 gold chargers. I found 4 at Linens n Things that I did not like. Then I found some at Pier One that I like, but they are a bit too big. I need to take them back. I think I saw some at Target yesterday, and I'll also look at Bed Bath and Beyond later. (I'm mostly excited about how the table will look!! I LOVE using my fun china!)

Yeah, I know. Lame post.

Happy Holidays!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Not lame - that is very cool that you are hosting the big dinner. Go from coolest temp to highest and if there is something that you can cook the day before then heat up the day of - it helps some. GL - please let us know how it goes!!!

Mommy said...

Not lame - it made me wishing we were having a BIG family gathering....Best of luck getting it all done! And try to take a moment to ENJOY the day!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I can't wait to use my "good dishes" some day. I hope everyting went great and Reagan is having fun playing with his toys today. Merry Christmas!!!