The Early Bird...

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Reagan has been waking up at 7am for about 5 days now. I don't understand it.

For those of you who don't know much about Reagan's sleeping habits, he has always been a great sleeper. And because of mine and David's sleep/work schedule, Reagan usually gets in bed at about this time~~10pm. And he usually wakes up between 8:30 and 9:00am. (And he naps for 3+ hours almost every day.)

But like I said, he has been waking up very, very early this past week. And it is kicking my butt. Especially since I'm sicker than sick (that is a tiny exaggeration, but I am miserable) and I'm taking "night time" cold medicine...that means that I wake up in a haze~~almost like I'm drunk. That's not the best condition to be in when I'm trying to aim a spoonful of yogurt into an opening the size of a silver dollar. (Why am I feeding a 3 year old that is perfectly capable of feeding himself? That's a whole 'nother story in itself.)

In the past when things like this have happened it lasted for about 3 days, and then he'd get back on our normal schedule. But it has been for 5 days. I'm starting to get worried. I need that extra hour and half of sleep. And some of you may be thinking "go to bed earlier." Well that would be smart, right? But not when my husband gets home late...we use Reagan's bedtime as a time for the two of us. And I'm not willing to cut that short.

Alrighty~~its couple time! (as I'm coughing constantly...I'm sure he'd like me to go to bed!)

1 comments:

emily said...

Ugh, I am so sorry you still aren't feeling well and that you guys are having sleep issues!

No fun!