Join Me In My Journey

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Whew. I'm getting ready to post something that is pretty major (to me) on the internet for anyone who has an internet connection that happens to stumble across "What You Said".

I want to document my weight loss journey. I have been overweight (um, obese) for about 10 years. I think that is long enough. I'm done with it. Over it. It is time to take control of the one and only thing that makes me unhappy.

I will say that I have tried to do this many times. And I use the word "tried" loosely. I would get so impatient at how long and far away the end result seemed. But I have accepted that there will be no end result for me. This will be a lifelong struggle for me...and therefore, this is a lifetime journey with no end destination. And I am soooo OK with this.

I realize that for the next year or two I will be working very hard on my journey to reach the point where I can slow down a bit. And once I have reached my weight loss goal I can enjoy my new lifestyle changes.

Last Sunday afternoon I attended my first Weight Watchers meeting. Oh--I did do WW about 5 years ago for a couple of months. I did well my first two weeks...and then I got really, really good at cheating. Like I told my mom this afternoon, if I didn't write down something that I ate, it was like it didn't happen. Yeah, that didn't really help the pounds fall off.

So, I joined again last week. And I have had a spectacular week. I wrote down everything that went into my mouth. I kept track of my points. I kind of looked at how many servings of fruits and veggies I had. I tried to get lots of water in...but those are things that will fall into place soon. Right now I am taking baby steps. So right now I am totally focused on journaling my foods and my points.

What I'd like to do is on every Sunday evening post my weight loss for the week. And maybe tell a bit about how I did the previous week and what are my new short term goals for the upcoming week. I will also have David take a picture of me once a month so I can see the changes in my body once they start happening. I think that will be really fun.

Let's get started, then!

Weight loss: -4.6 pounds
Total loss: - 4.6 pounds
Goals for the week: Drink more water; get to that 5 pound mark!

March 9, 2008

-4.6 pounds


12 comments:

emily said...

I am very excited for you. 4.6 pounds in one week is UNBELIEVABLE! It won't always be that way :) But keep going.

Journaling was 100% the key for me. That and accountability.

Remember, numbers don't define you. But you gotta do what you want to do when you want to do it and we are all here to cheer you on or be a shoulder/ear if you need it!

Mommy said...

I concur with Emily! The most I ever lost in 1 week of WW was 4LBs. And it was HARD. SERIOUSLY hard to loose that much in 1 week. But - I kept plugging along and the pounds came off. The worst feeling was getting there for a weigh in and not loosing, or staying the same. I know the only person who I was accountable to was ME. My husband supported me as much as he could, but it was ALL ME. It has to be ALL YOU. YOU CAN DO THIS. Its hard, and challenging. BUT YOU CAN DO IT. One mouthfull at a time, if necessary. I still make choices every day that help me maintain my weight loss. YOU CAN DO IT.
And we will cheer you on....even if its not a great week.

Megan said...

Way to go Kelly! Already 4.6 lbs! I look forward to watching you achieve you goals. I know you can do it.

Jenny said...

You can do it! That's amazing weight loss :-) We're all here for you!!

Unknown said...

Kelly: You can COMPLETELY do this. It is great that your mind set is "for the rest of your life" b/c that is very true. Don't think that you can't have what you want (later down the road a bit), but realize that you can only do it so often! You will ROCK on this journey and I can't wait to read on Sundays to see how great you look!

rebekca said...

That's an incredible loss! And what a wonderful start to your journey!

We are all here to support, encourage, and uplift you. You can TOTALLY do this!

rebekca said...

Kelly,

I need your e-mail address. Some friends and I do a girl's night out thing once a month, and this month is my turn to host.

so I would love to send you an e-vite. I can tell you that the date will be on march 31 (a monday)

You can post it on my blog, or just send me a response to
rebekca@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Aww, Kelly this is awesome! 4.6lbs is great!! I'm here for ya girly:)
So proud of you!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed this post! Way to go!!! I just started back on track last Tuesday. After all the stuff with my mom - I just realized I need to take care of myself for me and for my family! Go us!!

Anonymous said...

Kelly -
I am SOOOO proud of you and LOVE you with ALL my heart ! ! !
YOU GO, GIRL ! ! ! ! !
Linda

Anonymous said...

Kelly -
I am SOOOO proud of you and LOVE you with ALL my heart ! ! !
YOU GO, GIRL ! ! ! ! !
Linda

anne watson said...

Great Job Kelly!!!! :-D

I'm totally going to do this on my blog as well! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

(and sorry we didn't get our video in on time...I totally dropped the ball...I'm sorry!!)