Movie Monday~~Starting Him Out Early

Monday, March 10, 2008

I knew that we started a family for many reasons. One of those reasons ~~ having someone else around the house to do chores, favors, and other stuff that we don't want to get off of our own butts to do.

Here is an example of one such thing.

David LOVES coffee. Me? Not so much. But I do like hot chocolate. Our super-duper (and super expensive...don't get me started) coffee machine brews David's coffee from freshly ground beans. There are many steps and many buttons to push to make the right cup of coffee. The plus is that there is also a hot water spout for my hot chocolate.

One morning I walked into the kitchen to see Reagan on the counter and David teaching him all the steps to make the perfect cup.

  1. Turn on the machine and wait for it to finish heating up.
  2. Check the water level and the coffee bean level (add if needed).
  3. Press the "rinse" button which is a picture of 3 water droplets.
  4. Pour out the rinse water.
  5. Put coffee cup in place.
  6. Press the appropriate button--either the picture of one cup (night) or the picture of two cups (morning).
  7. Watch coffee.
  8. Make Mommy hot chocolate (not captured on the following video)....

Please excuse my voice in this video. This was filmed when I was sicker than sick a couple of weeks ago.

Our cat, Mav, makes an appearance. He's the big blackout that occurs.

David is looking forward to the day when he can say, "Hey Reagan! Make Daddy a double-shot, non-fat latte with no foam!". I actually think this is just putting Reagan on the same road that David is on~~coffee addiction.

Now. If I could only teach Reagan how to clean the toilets.

6 comments:

emily said...

Quite Cute... I think starting him on floors next is good idea :)

Anonymous said...

That's too cute! He really has it all figured out! And, of course, Mav has to get in his cameo appearance. Isn't that what cats are for?

Unknown said...

Regan really likes to help with EVERYTHING in the kitchen now. So if I make coffee she has to pour the grind, and push the button to start. She gets VERY excited about it. Sweet video.

Megan said...

I love your collection of Rudy's cups. We have one as well. :)

Next playgroup I think I will be asking Reagan for a decaf latte with whip. That is a very useful skill to have!

Mommy said...

I think floors are a logical step - since he's so close to them. But that is cute - Tommy likes to help me grind my coffee...pretty funny.

rebekca said...

I would like a Venti nonfat two and a half pump mocha.

Please.