Making My Voice Heard

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Texas' primary election is on Tuesday. And boy-oh-boy! I can NOT wait for it to be over.

Not because I'm all that political. And not because I want my vote to count. And not because I want to see the outcome.

But because I am so sick of all of the political ads. It is bad enough that during one commercial break I see a Clinton ad, an Obama ad, and then another Obama ad not "approved" by himself. But the local election ads are almost painful to watch. Most of the candidates are pretty bad in their ads. And I really hate the ones that are against another candidate and show unflattering photographs of that person.

I will say that I do like the guy~~I don't know his name or what he is running for (I'm assuming senate)~~who says "I want to glue the revolving door shut!". I like that line.

I will vote on Tuesday. And the whole time I will be looking forward to watching the news uninterrupted with political ads. I'm kind of looking forward to the talking apple (Applebee's) and the disappearing rhino (a cold medicine) returning.

Reagan likes the rhino.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you 100% on all the ads - UGH! Next thing you know they will start the next pres. running campaigns in Jan of 2009 - god help us!

Mommy said...

Did you ever think of all the GOOD things politicians could do with that campaign money??? THAT would be the BEST statement to me!

rebekca said...

You go girl. And I'm glad that you went while we're at it.

to vote, that is.

we all need to vote. and give peace a chance. and now rainbows and sunshine should be shooting out of my ass. let me get my camera.

;)