My Journey~~Week 4

Sunday, March 30, 2008

I didn't reach a single goal this week. I only had 4 glasses of water (not 6) on Friday. I only did a real workout on Thursday (not 3 days like I wanted). And I was far from losing 3 pounds.

The only word that comes to mind is "blah".

Let me say some positive things. The workout on Thursday was so much fun! David and Reagan walked with me...well, David ran some of the time while pushing Reagan. So they didn't really walk. But they were with me. And I actually got to use my iPod. (I have had several issues with it, but it worked this time!!) "Wind It Up" by Gwen Stefani really got me truckin' along. I didn't go over my points in a single day. Let me explain: The previous weeks I may have gone over my points on ONE day, but those extra points fell into the 35 "fluff" points that everyone gets to use (or not use) throughout the week. I think the most of the fluff that I have ever used was 10. Well this week I didn't have to reach into the fluff at all...

In fact, I left 3 to 8 points on the table every single day. It is so hard to get all of my points in.

Apparently this is a no-no.

Because I GAINED (aaaahhhhh!!) weight this week.

I was so upset by the scale today at the meeting that I didn't even pay much attention to the lesson today. I was fighting back tears most of the time. At the end of the meeting the leader said, "Are there in questions? ....... Any concerns?" So I shot my hand up. I needed to know if this happens to everyone. I mean, I had a relatively good week! I wouldn't have been so upset if I had over eaten one day or if I had splurged on wine or beer. But I didn't over eat. And I only had 2 light (very light, 64 calories) beers last night.

I explained my week, and I asked if this really happened to other people. You follow the plan, but you gain weight? What the heck?!

So this is what is soooooo good about a meeting. Almost everyone nodded or said "yes". This made me feel a bit better. The leader said that what struck her was that I wasn't eating all of my points. She said my metabolism is slowing down. I know that this happens if you don't eat enough, but I feel like I'm eating enough...almost like I'm trying to stuff myself at night to get all of my points in. She also told me to check to see if I'm getting enough protein.

After crying (hard) to David, we also talked about it. I think we have a plan for this week. And hopefully I'll see the results on the scale next week.

Another positive, 4 people said they notice a difference in how I look. I'm not positive that 10 pounds can look different on someone my size, but I'll take the compliments as motivation to keep going!

Weight loss: +1.6 pounds (isn't that horrible?)
Total loss: -10..4
Weekly goals: Water and exercise with the family; eat more protein at breakfast; lose something and not gain.

I believe next week is picture week. I'm not sure if there will be any difference, but I'm sure that in a few months it will be neat to look at all of the monthly pictures.

4 comments:

rebekca said...

Oh my goodness Kelly, don't get discouraged!

To be honest, everyone that I have ever known in the fitness industry (and I worked in the fitness industry for quite awhile) has always recommended that you only weight yourself once a month. Because there are fluctuations of 1 to 5 pounds that may happen.

Not that I am disregarding the weekly weigh in, because I know the importance of keeping you set on your goals and the motivation that it brings.

I just wanted you to know that 1.5 pounds is really not a big deal in the whole scheme of a month.

YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!!! and thank-you for letting us know that you get discouraged, because we can't lift you back up if you don't let us know :)

YOU GO GIRL!

Mommy said...

I agree with Becky. Remember - its taken YEARS to get your body working like it is - its going to be a HUGE adjustment for it to change your entire lifestyle. (Thats what WW really is - a lifestyle change!) One week of gain is totally normal - and I was also very discouraged when that happened to me. But you have to keep at it....I never had a problem eating all my points (but I have a REALLY bad sweet tooth) - but sometimes when I tried to stay under my points, I didn't lose much - or did actually gain. As for protein in the morning - try some different types of oatmeal - you can buy them with added protein to them...or use skim milk instead of water. I usually eat breakfast at 6:45 and then have a snack around 9 and lunch around 11 and a snack around 3 then an early dinner....I find that spreading the food out makes me feel fuller. (My MIL eats like that and she lost a whole lot of weight and has kept it off for several years!)
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
You CAN do this!

Unknown said...

Totally agreeing with Becky and Lydia - Do NOT get discouraged. We all plateau, we all have periods - uhm, hello that will be another week that is hard to lose on just b/c of water weight that you almost can't control. 1.6 is so NOTHING in the whole gist of what you have accomplished so far!!!

You really are rocking the WW. Keep your chin up and keep at it.

emily said...

Thank you for being so honest here! I think that is half the battle - being able to talk about the good and the bad :) YAY for setting new goals and a BIG thing for me was adding in protein. I was eating about 40 g a day and now I try to hit 100 g a day - and it is a constant EFFORT to get that in!