Tomorrow's a Big Day

Friday, March 28, 2008

On Saturday (tomorrow) I will be attending the Round Rock ISD job fair. I was hoping to be able to post this earlier so that I could get as many people as possible to pray for me, but I got to the computer too late.

I'm so excited about it. But I'm also nervous. I'm not really nervous of the actual event...I'm more nervous about (1) getting a job with the district and (2) getting a job in my "first" choice of schools. I have a list of about 10 schools that I would be totally happy with. And then I have a list of about 11 that I'd be OK with. The rest (maybe 6 to 8) I wouldn't be all that thrilled with. However, if that is where I'm placed I will be happy that I am in Round Rock.

The schedule tomorrow is that from 8:30 to noon there is a meet and greet and interviews. Then there is an hour break for lunch. And then the rest of the day is just for scheduled interviews. I hope I make a good impression on some of my top schools that I get an interview.

I would love to interview and get offered a job pretty quickly (wouldn't we all??) instead of waiting through out the summer. I don't like having this major part of my life just up in the air.

Well, I have 23 copies of my resume~~which is the best resume I've ever had (Thank you, Colleen and David). I have 13 copies of my references (Oh gosh! Is that a bad luck number?). And 10 copies of my teaching certificate and my transcript~~which isn't so hot. Maybe with 6 years experience no one will really want to look at my transcript. Ugh. (Those are 5 years of my life I wish that I could do over.)

Well, wish me luck! Say prayers for me! Eek! I'm just so excited about re-entering the work force!!!!

4 comments:

rebekca said...

HEY! Sebastian is going to that job fair tomorrow! I'm praying for you as soon as I get off the computer...which is RIGHT NOW

because, OH MY GOSH, I DON'T KNOW IF HE HAS RESUMES let alone all that other stuff you said you have and now I'm stressing for him. He's been in bed asleep since 7;00 tonight!!!!!! I'm getting his butt up to get working on this.

thanks. and good luck to you. maybe y'all will run into each other?

p.s. I'm so glad you rsvp'd for the GNO! I sooooo wanted you to come! it'll be a blast!

Mommy said...

I'm sending you lots of good wishes!! GOOD LUCK!

Anonymous said...

I hope it all went great yesterday - you have been in my thoughts and prayers!

We need to get together soon!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! You sound like you were totally prepared. Can't wait to hear about it. I'm sure you did great:)
Silvia