I Would Have Gone to Petco Instead of Having a Baby

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Does anyone else out there who is raising a preschooler feel like they are in fact living with a parrot?

My kid repeats EVERYTHING that he hears. Immediately after he hears it. Whether it is said by one of his parents, one of his family members, or a complete stranger. A complete stranger standing yards away from us.

So not only does he repeat things like Polly the Parrot, but he must also have dog ears since he repeats things overheard from way over somewhere else.

It drives me insane. INSANE, I tell you.

(If I were speaking this outloud, you would have heard in a small sweet voice "Insane, I tell you!")

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Insane, I tell you!

Couldn't resist :-)

Eric is now at the parrot stage, but luckily for me (not so mush for his older brother), he would prefer to copy his big brother who then complains "Mom--he's being a copycat!" and I say he's not copycat, he's just being a little brother.

Is it wrong to enjoy the fact that he's making someone besides me insane?

Megan said...

We haven't hit that stage. Something to look forward to I guess. :)