Wood and Iron

Monday, June 23, 2008

Yesterday (the 22nd) was our 6 year wedding anniversary. I think this may have been the best anniversary yet.

We dropped Reagan off at my in-laws on Saturday afternoon...around 2pm. Reagan stayed the rest of the day, the entire night, up until Sunday at 6pm! This was the first time that he spent a night away from his home WITHOUT us. He did great!

David and I try to give each other gifts that go with the anniversary themes--this year the modern and traditional gifts are wood and iron. I'm not sure which is which, though. It doesn't matter for us.

David's gift to me is (drum roll): THIS!!!!!! Ok, not all of that. But we got the love seat, a chair, and ottoman, and a side table! I'm off to go and get an outdoor rug in just a few minutes!

This is what our patio looks like right now.


My gift will be a HUGE improvement, and I just can not wait for it to be delivered next week!

After we shopped for furniture, we came home to get ready to go downtown for a sprint cycling race. It was so much fun to watch! The cyclist were just going around one city block, and they did so in just over 1 minute. They were flying! It was interesting to watch.

We then changed clothes to go here. We had a great time. We got there pretty late, so the restaurant wasn't busy AT ALL. And we each tried 3 different wines, and we each had an amazing dinner. And we each had dessert!!! It was wonderful.

We stayed at our own house even though the kiddo wasn't here. I'm glad we did. It was so strange to be in our home without Reagan. It was like pre-Reagan time. Very weird.

On Sunday morning we went here for brunch, and then we spent 3 hours or so looking at neighborhoods, touring model homes, and deciding where we want to live.

I did give David a gift, too. I got us a gift certificate to a driving range so we can whack some golf balls with "woods and irons". We'll do that in a couple of weeks.

I think the best part of this weekend was just spending time together doing things we used to do before we had our super kiddo.

Actually, the best part of the weekend was picking Reagan up last night. We did miss him!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time! Happy Anniversary!! Has it really been 6 years since we were working on wedding stuff??? Time is racing by!

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy anniversary!

Happy blogoversary!

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like an AWESOME Anniversary!!! Great time together and ENJOYING it which is the most important part!

rebekca said...

Can I just say NOTHING.

Because my jaw is dropped and will need medical intervention before gasps and oohs and ahhs can be uttered.

I love how y'all are so traditional. What's year 4??? I'm coming up on my aniversary and I'd like to do something "David and Kellyish", if ya don't mind...

emily said...

OMG, that furniture is so lovely! Happy Anniversary!

Jessica said...

I think wood is also the 5 yr gift (which seems strange)...my hubby got me a set of wooden roses, and it's probably one of my favorite gifts! I keep them at work, they're bright and cheery and--the best part--they require no maintenance!! Ok, I do have to blow the dust off them from time to time :-)

Happy anniversary and enjoy the furniture!! It will be like having another room to live in!