Bigger Than a Thumb Print

Thursday, July 03, 2008



Back story:

A few days ago I turned on the sprinklers outside so Reagan could run around in them for a little bit. He was fully clothed (you can see in the picture). He thought it was fun to making his hand prints on the patio. He would run to the sprinkler, stick his hand in the water (not that he wasn't already wet enough), and run back and slap his hand on the patio.


He then started making all kinds of body prints. He ran to the sprinkler, stuck his head in the water (again, already DRENCHED), then run back to the patio and place his forehead to the patio. He did this with his ear, his knees, his nose, his feet...and my favorite, his belly. Because he ran to the sprinkler holding his shirt up so his belly would get wet. Silly guy...


Later that night, I was in bed with him talking to him in the dark about our day. We started talking about the sprinklers...


Reagan: I did hand prints and track prints (his knees).

Me: Yes, you did! And a nose print! And a head print!

Reagan: (giggling) And feet prints! And my belly print!

Me: Next time you should do a butt print.

Reagan: (hysterical laughter) A butt print!! That is so silly!!!

(He is laughing so hard, he can not catch his breath.)

Me: (laughing) That sounds like something Uncle John would do.

(pauses)

Reagan: That would be a big butt print.





2 comments:

Andy, Kelli, Kaycee, and Haylee said...

Hey Kelly! Your blog is so much fun to read. I miss seeing Reagan on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Does he miss TKP? It looks like you're having a wonderful summer. See you soon!

P.S. I love the "butt print" story!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious. However Regan tells me she has a big butt (do you think I sing Sir-Mix-A-Lot too much!?!?!)