One Down, How Many to Go?

Friday, August 15, 2008

I have so many things to share. Like, my son is currently eating a frozen (FROZEN!!) Eggo waffle. With a dyed transformer onto it. Did I mention that it was still frozen?

I just finished my week as a mom who happens to work. And I'm exhausted. If I weren't so tired, I would spell out "exhausted" with hyphens to make my point. But I'm too tired to do that. Things seem to be going pretty well with the family. I'm adjusting to actually doing "stuff". Reagan is adjusting to school life and staying there "alot of minutes". And David is adjusting to waking up way too early. But we're doing pretty good at the adjusting part.

Fishy isn't adjusting as well, but that is another post.

I could blog about how I just completed a week of "new to the district" training. Or how since our school is brand spankin' new we haven't been allowed into the building yet. Or maybe how much information is being thrown at me...although I don't think it is ALL getting absorbed. But what I want to document is:

I LOVE LEANDER ISD. I love it so much, that I want to convert all of my friends that teach to LISD teachers. Tina? Silvia? Megan, one day? This means YOU. There is not a better place to work. LISD expects so much out of its teachers, but it (they) give you every possible support, tool, person to help you to become the best teacher you can be. They know that no one is perfect, and they realize that they don't have all the answers either. But hey, let's work together to figure out WHAT IS BEST FOR EACH STUDENT.

That is what LISD focuses on. Each student. Not each test score. Not each school rating. But each student. Which turns into each teacher. I have never felt so comfortable asking questions as I do in LISD.

On top of all of this support...EVERYONE is so happy! They recognize how great LISD is, and it flows through.

Bottom line: If you're a teacher in the Austin area, come to the bright side!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you this week and meant to send you an e-mail. I'm so glad things are going so well! You guys seem to be adjusting well. I've heard great things about LISD and will definitely consider it when I go back. Keep me posted on any K-bil. openings:)
Hope to see you guys soon! Maybe a Sat. playdate? Matt's working a lot of them, so we're available!
Have a RELAXING weekend.
Silvia

Anonymous said...

By the way....Kendall LOVES frozen waffles and pancakes. She begs me not to warm them up. Strange kids we have :)
Silvia

Kelly said...

So glad to hear that you all are adjusting well and survived the first week back. It is so great to hear that you love your work! That will make the transition so much easier.

Megan said...

Like the others, I am really happy that your first week back went well, and that you are excited about your new district. I am sure that will make such a difference in the coming year.

In other news...Kennedy can't wait for TPK to start and I think when she sees Reagan there she will be even more excited. She keeps putting her stuffed animal by the door because of the letter they received about bringing their favorite one with them. We tell her it is a long time until school starts but she insists on leaving him there, for the first 5 minutes of sleep that is. Then she runs out of her room grabs FuFu and crawls back in bed with him. Silly girl.

rebekca said...

ALL of my boys L-O-V-E frozen waffles. It started with Sebi telling me he "wanted it cold".

I'm so happy that you are in a place that you feel so completely comfortable and supported. What a wonderful re-entrance back into your career!